Sunday, December 6, 2015

The end of the summer socks


I learned a lot from my summer sock knitting. Cotton needs patterns with elasticity (ribbing!) because they haven't any of their own. Cotton shrinks a little in the wash over time. And sadly, although cotton yarn comes in luscious colors,  the colors don't last.

Pattern: Laura Sparling's Triton Socks (check out the link for a great view of the eye of partridge heel flap - my photo skills weren't up to that)

Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Fingering, in Marlin

Pairing the yarn color and pattern name was fun, the pattern was an easy knit, and the socks were comfy. Even better, they were an exact match for one of my summer work skirts, so this pair got a lot of wear, and you can see by comparing to the photo at the bottom that it faded quite a bit.


Since the first pair of summer socks were only anklets, I had enough left of the Peony yarn to knit this pair as well:

Pattern: Trudy Hertaas's Akla

Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Fingering, in Peony

 And that's six, enough to see me through the work week. The Akla and white pair are missing from this photo - I was probably wearing the white ones at the time:





1 comment:

  1. I think the blue ones are my favorites. They might even be prettier in their faded-ness. And all of them are much too pretty to be hidden, even partially, under a shoe. I vote for a sock-only workplace!

    ReplyDelete