Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Comfy


In addition to the summer cotton socks, I have also knit a couple of pairs of sport-weight cotton socks. I got sucked into a yarn site's "Discontinued Colors!" banner, and bought exquisite vanishing colors in what I thought would be enough yarn for 5 pairs of cotton socks. The colors are delicious, but sport-weight means 50 grams per sock adds up to short socks. They are almost too thick to wear with shoes, but they make excellent Hausschuhe.

First up,

Pattern: Jean Murdoch's Short Scrunch Socks, a variation on her Scrunch Cable Socks

Needles: 3.25 mm dpns

Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Sport in Blackberry

They are thick enough to stay up by themselves, and very comfortable. I particularly like the way the cables flow out of the ribbing. Next,


Pattern: Samantha Heyes' Duckies

Needles: 3.25 mm dpns

Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Sport in Sweet Potato

This pattern is a nice variation on my favorite stitch pattern for socks. I like the way the stitch pattern morphs into the heel flap.

No comments:

Post a Comment