Friday, December 4, 2015

Summer Socks and such

Back at the beginning of the summer, I set out to knit enough cotton socks to wear during the work week. I bought five yummy colors of Comfy Fingering, and picked out five different pattern. I blogged about these and these in May, but then life got busy. Too busy for blogging, not knitting (perish the thought!).

Next up:

Pattern: Wendy Johnson's Double Eyelet Rib Toe-up Socks

Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Fingering in White

I had tried another pattern, but just wasn't feeling the love at all. So I reverted to my go-to sock pattern, I've made them in countless colors and was delighted that they work in cotton as well.


Meanwhile, I had enough of the purple left to make bootees for the box (a stash of baby gifts-in-waiting):

The astute among you will know exactly where I was when I finished them.

Pattern: Stay-On Baby Booties

Yarn: leftover Comfy Fingering, Lilac Mist

1 comment:

  1. Those cotton socks look wonderful!! Are they as comfy as they look? Also, for the baby bootees, I love the name of that yarn.... Lilac Mist.... ahhhh.

    And I can't quite figure out where the picture was taken, but I can guess one of two places!

    ReplyDelete