Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Camera-Shy Socks

I adore Bavarian Twisted-Stitch knitting. Let's blame it on my DNA. Last Christmas I asked for and received Maria Erlbacher's amazing Twisted-Stitch Knitting, and while I may have to wait for retirement to make one of those sweaters, it is definitely on my list.

My gateway to this wonderful corner of the Knitworld was this pattern for twisted-knit socks. They took a little longer to knit up but were worth every second. The difficulty came in photographing the finished socks. Nothing I could do resulted in anything other than a blurry, headache-inducing shot.


I'm going to blame it on the fuzziness of the yarn.


Yarn: Schoppel-Wolle Admiral in Jonny's Red, 1 skein


2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to ask you where you got those little sock-hangers. And whether they are just for staging photo opps, or if you actually have a tiny closet just for socks and it's completely stocked with these little hangers.

    I want option #2 to be true so much, you can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sock stretchers, and I bought them at my local yarn store. They are primarily for drying socks before folding them away in a drawer, but if you want to imagine a tiny closet full of them I'm not going to stop you!

    ReplyDelete