Monday, January 12, 2009

a little hitch

in the knitting content, as my computer and camera have decided to stop speaking to each other.

I'll distract you:

When my kids were teenagers but still at home, I would perch on the first step of our staircase, which ends by the front door, to say goodbye. Despite a lifetime of trying, I've never quite reached 5'5", so the step was a good height from which to hug my nearly-grown children as they headed out the door.

As my husband and I headed out the door to a holiday party this weekend, my son (who is pushing 6' if not already there) stood on that step and solemnly intoned, "Remember to be home by curfew. Remember Who You Are. Remember that you can always call me if you need a ride home from anywhere."

I'm still laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment