Thursday, October 12, 2017

Mistakes, easily noticed, easily fixed

While making the latest Window Cat I got cocky about the pattern and failed to read carefully. As soon as I got ready to stuff the head I noticed that one ear was misshapen. A quick read of my knitting and the pattern, and it was obvious I had just skipped all the knit rounds between the decrease rounds. I picked it out and re-knit it properly.


I finished a pair of anklets last month and said I didn't care that one was an inch shorter than the other, since they were for me. I finished a pair of baby bootees and noticed I had made one two rows shorter in the instep than the other. No one will notice, I said. If there had been anyone around to hear  me, I would have been subjected to the family's Test for Aliens - I was clearly not myself. (And no, I'm not explaining the test - everyone knows aliens monitor the internet.)


Yesterday I sat down and evened out the anklets, and re-knit the short bootee. Symmetry rules.


Anklets: leftover Berroco Sox, my standard anklet pattern

Bootees: leftover Knit Picks Stroll,  Stay-on Booties - frankly the best pattern I know, since the garter stitch construction means they'll fit practically any baby foot out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment