Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Gift from Ireland

Don't you love it when a fellow fiber enthusiast brings you yarn from faraway places? A skein of lovely chunky handspun made its way to me from Ireland this summer. When my traveling friend gave it to me, she remarked that the colors had just seemed to suggest it was for me - and then we had a good laugh, because the outfit I happened to be wearing that day encompassed every one of the fall palette of colors spun into this yarn.
Sometimes I take such gifts into my stash and meditate on them so long I forget their provenance. This one I wound into a ball and cast on immediately, and at the end of the week had mitts and a matching headband that I knew I wouldn't be able to wear for months, but which please me no end.


  

Yarn: handspun wool from Ireland
Pattern: Sherwood Mitts, cuff pattern used to make headband

1 comment:

  1. Love them. They are beautiful and yep, those are definitely colors I can see someone getting for you!

    I need some fingerless mitts myself. Yet I never seem to knit them for myself. Definitely need to cast some on. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete